MENU CARE & CLEANING
We know you want your beautiful handcrafted covers to last as long as possible. We also know cleaning your menu covers is very important for a healthy restaurant environment. Take some time to read through our do's and don't of menu cover care, storage, and cleaning. Your menus will thank you, and last for years to come!
- Regularly remove dust, dirt, crumbs, and spills.
- When cleaning at the end of a shift, use only warm water, or very mild soapy water on a soft damp (not soaking wet) cloth or sponge. Do not use harsh chemicals, glass cleaners, abrasives, bleach, etc. Harsh chemicals destroy both covering materials and stamped images.
- Protect your menu covers from ball point pen, and other indelible ink sources. Ink stains are generally permanent so we recommend that the wait staff to avoid allowing pens and markers to come in contact with Risch products.
- Always store your menu covers flat atop one another. Keep menu cover stacks small, as not to tip them over and drop.
- Keep your covers at room temperature whenever possible.
- Order a sufficient number of covers for your establishment. Stretching covers too thin across many patrons leads to extra wear and tear.
- Wooden wall boxes can destroy the life of your product. The repeated action of pushing and pulling the covers in and out of these boxes, tears at them and destroys their edges.
- Do not store menu covers or placemats near heat sources or let them come in contact with stoves, coffee makers, and hot plates.
- Do not store them in refrigerated rooms or unheated supply areas that may cause materials to crack.
- Do not let your covers become submerged in water or liquid.
- Never put any Risch products through a dishwasher.